2440 Hooks Street, Clermont, FL 34711 - Call or text us: 352-394-0833
Skip to main content

Motor Vehicle Accidents Specialist

South Lake Pain Institute

Pain Medicine & Anesthesiology located in Clermont, FL

Even a minor motor vehicle accident can leave you with injuries that turn into a chronic pain problem. The doctors at South Lake Pain Institute specialize in treatments that directly target the cause of your pain using the type of medical, regenerative, or interventional procedure that’s best for your injury. To learn more about treatment for motor vehicle accidents, call our office in Clermont, Florida, or book an appointment online.

Motor Vehicle Accidents Q & A

What injuries commonly occur during a motor vehicle accident?

Whiplash is the best-known problem diagnosed after a motor vehicle accident, but many other injuries also occur, including:

  • Spine injuries such as fractured vertebrae, herniated disc, and chronic low back pain
  • Blunt force trauma that causes broken ribs and collapsed lungs
  • Crush injuries that cause fractured hips, legs, ankles, and feet
  • Head impact that leads to a concussion or more severe traumatic brain injury

The doctors at South Lake Pain Institute specialize in relieving pain that results from any type of injury following a car accident.

What symptoms will I develop due to whiplash?

Whiplash occurs when a sudden force makes your neck rapidly snap back and forth. This type of flexion-extension movement causes muscle and ligament damage. In some cases, whiplash can damage your spine.

Whiplash symptoms include:

  • Neck pain and stiffness
  • Limited neck movement
  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Tingling or numbness in arms
  • Shoulder or back pain
  • Memory loss
  • Difficulty concentrating

You may also experience unexpected symptoms such as irritability and depression.

Why should I see the doctor even if I feel fine?

In many cases, the symptoms of a soft tissue injury, especially whiplash, may not appear for several days. If you continue to go about your normal activities without realizing your soft tissues are injured, you can worsen the damage.

If you hit your head — even if it seemed minor and you feel fine — you should see the doctor to be sure you don’t have a concussion or brain trauma.

When you get a medical exam right after your accident, your doctor can identify potential problems and prescribe treatment before complications develop.

You’ll also want a medical exam in the event you need to file an insurance claim to cover medical expenses.

Will my doctor accept a Letter of Protection (LOP)?

The doctors at South Lake Pain Institute will accept a LOP and begin your treatment so that you can find relief from your pain.

A LOP is a document sent from your attorney to your doctor stating that you’ll pay all medical expenses out of future money recovered from a personal injury lawsuit.

If you need treatment for pain suffered during a motor vehicle accident, call South Lake Pain Institute to book an appointment online.